4032 Debrecen, Egyetem tér 1. | Tel.: 512-900 | E-mail: email@example.com
- No upcoming events available
A projekt az Európai Unió társfinanszírozásával, az Európa Terv keretében valósult meg
Research Institutes of the Centre for Agricultural and Applied Economic Sciences
- Karcag Research Institute
- Research Centre of Nyíregyháza
- Farm and Regional Research Institute of Debrecen
5301 Karcag, PO Box 11.
5300 Karcag, Kisújszállási út 166.
Director: Dr. Lajos Blaskó
The Research Institute of Karcag, with its area of more than 1000 hectares, is a good representation of the characteristics of the soils found in the Great Plain. This, together with the three sites (Karcag, Kisújszállás, Kunhegyes), provides a good opportunity for the practical training of students and the establishment of model farms, demonstration areas, and bases for technical advising.
The Institute investigates the possibilities of agricultural development on soils of hard mechanical composition along the Mid-Tisza. The Research Institute, established in 1947, was annexed to the Agricultural University in 1976. From that point on it has been actively participating in agricultural research and education in Debrecen. Upon the establishment of the Institute, Szolnok county, the Bihar part of Hajdú-Bihar county and the areas along the Tisza were designated as areas of its activity. The common agroecological features of the given areas are heavy mechanical composition, high ratio of soils endangered by physical and chemical deterioration (acidification, salinification).
During its operation, the Institute has produced numerous research results which are not only of scientific value, but are also important from the point of view of practical applicability: working out a system for periodic deep cultivation; adapting protective and cost-effective tillage systems; developing methods for the chemical and mechanical amelioration of alkaline and acidic soils; enhancing the nutriment utilization systems of ameliorated or chemically unfavorable soils; develping large-scale application technologies for multicompotent complex soil amelioration materials.
The Institution has four main areas of research activity:
- researches related to soil protection, cultivation, and nutrients management
- plant breeding, seed-production
- grassland management, sheep-farming
- land utilization, rural development.
4400 Nyíregyháza, Westsik Vilmos út 4-6.
Director: Dr. Sándor Tőgyi
The need for agricultural research under the special climatic and edaphic conditions of the Nyírség was realized by the Trans-Tisza Chamber of Agriculture; as a result, the Sand Experimental Farm was established with the support of Nyíregyháza in 1927.
The Research Institute was placed under the management of the Agricultural University of Debrecen in 1992. Following the merger of the three Debrecen universities in 2000, it became one of the autonomous planning and budget institutes of the Center of Agricultural Sciences and Engineering at the University of Debrecen.
The Research Center, while carrying out research and farming projects, strives to disseminate the results achieved to the widest possible range of users. To this end, it founded the Regional Agroinnovation Center to meet its most important task: to impart its research, farming and organizational experiences to practising farmers. As a decade-long tradition, the Center organizes agricultural exhibitions each year, where researchers introduce their latest achievements to interested farmers.
The Center has introduced the ISO quality assurance system for all its activities, and gained ISO classification, respectively.
Research objectives of the Center are:
- to establish sustainable development in the region,
- to research the complex utilization of sandy soil,
- to provide the genetic basis of plants suitable for growing under the ecological conditions of the area
- to develop the foundations of an environmentally sound farming
The Center's activities also embrace:
- the dissemination of knowledge and experience in the area of ecological farming,
- research into produces serving as a basis for functional food,
- agricultural recycling of by-products,
- research into renewable energies.
Farm and Regional Research Institute of Debrecen
4032 Debrecen, Böszörményi út 138.
Director: Tibor Koncz
The Debrecen Farm and Regional Research Institute was established in 1999 by the University Council of the Agricultural University of Debrecen. It started its activity in the Center of Agricultural Sciences as a separate technical unit.
The activities and mission of the Institute are very complex. It serves as a research ground, provides a basis for practical training, and its market revenues facilitate all its activities. Three agricultural specialization areas perform varied activities on its research sites: cultivation is researched at the site in Látókép, stockbreeding in Kismacs, and horticulture in the area around Pallag. The direct professional management of the sites is run by the relevant departments, but, in addition, the sites also provide research areas for sic other departments.
An important aim is to provide university-level practical training for students and to ensure the professional basis for research towards these and dissertations. The research activities of the Institute serve as the background for 10-15 PhD dissertations each year.
The DFRRI regularly organizes agricultural exhibitions involving technical advising, which attract considerable interest and have a regional impact.
The tasks of the Institute are the following:
- implementing practical instruction of the agricultural engineer training going on at the different faculties
- undertaking determinant functions of the existing practice firm network
- providing the conditions of postgraduate practical training
- implementing the practical conditions of technical assistance
- implementing the practical conditions of R&D tasks and innovation
- carrying out development work in the area
- supporting rural development tasks related to agricultural production
- market production on a commercial basis.